“What really draws me to this business is the power we have, as marketers, to change the world.”
Twenty Years of business and Marketing leadership
Over the last twenty years, I've worked explicitly in marketing, leading successful teams and projects in the industries of real estate, financial services, healthcare, economic development, and e-commerce. I spent 15 years working for corporate companies like United Healthcare and Wells Fargo.
I love marketing. I'm good at marketing. And I was devoted to my career.
While raising a family, I was faced with a tough decision. The corporate environment did not allow enough flexibility for me to put children on my priority list. And living in a big city conflicted with my need to spend time in nature. I took a leap and left corporate and city life behind. I opened a practice as a virtual marketing consultant in Nisswa, Minnesota - land of 10,000 lakes.
I quickly realized the disadvantage small town businesses face when it comes to competing for resources to support their success.
I make it easy for small businesses to turn more people into paying customers.
As I talked to more and more small town businesses, I learned that they:
- Didn't know if their marketing was working
- Were spending too much money on marketing
- Weren't spending enough money on marketing
- Were putting too much blind trust in an agency
- Were spending too much time on social media
- Were hiring marketers that weren't delivering results
The knowledge and experience I gained leading corporate teams gave me the perfect foundation to help other small and mid-sized business owners facing these issues. By creating marketing strategies, systems and processes, I get the focus back on the right marketing activities and put the right people in the right place to deliver effective marketing.
I am a Fractional CMO and Marketing Integrator. And I support small town CEO's and their leadership teams on a fractional basis, getting a grip on their marketing for a fraction of the cost and time of a traditional chief marketing officer.
Where did i get my experience?
- Turning more of the right people into paying customers to improve profitability of local and online retailers
- Cramming for my MBA at Iowa State University while working full time
- Driving integrated lead generation campaigns for thousands of sales people with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and UnitedHealthcare
- Nurturing repeat business in the real estate market for Iowa Realty, Edina Realty, and First Realty BHG
- Launching and filling group programs in the health and wellness industry
- Designing profitable financial products for consumers and savvy investors
- Using marketing and financial data to drive profitable activity for community financial institutions